November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving MTC Post


Dear all,

We were told that there would be an apostle coming today :D (much joy and rejoicing) I heard a rumor that it'd be Elder Scott, but my bet was Elder Oaks so I hope I'm right lol..........We get to put together Educational and Health packets in conjunction with some Humanitarian organizations in the middle east. We were given special assignments to supervise a table and I'm excited to do it. It's gonna be awesome.

(Bytheway, learning Dutch has rendered me terrible at spelling. So bear with me lol)
We got our Flight plans yesterday! We fly to Detroit at 11 (leave here at 8) and then we have just a short wait til we go over to Amsterdam. They made me travel leader when we go. So me, having never flown, will be able to "keep track" of everyone else lol it's awesome. I'm super excited. I'm working hard to do my best here the last few weeks that I"m here.

I'm gonna miss home today, but I hope all of you people have a blast with your families, and eat as much as you possibly can (it's good for you :) (just, you know, this once lol)

We've talked about "enduring to the end" here with our teachers. In Dutch that's: "volharding tot het einde toe" it applies not only to life in general but to each circumstance we happen to be in. It not only means get to the end of things, but to get to the end of things having worked our hardest and being able to look back and be proud of what we've done.
Thats some thing I've been working on here :)

I wish you all the best. I think I'll just have one more time of emailing you here at the MTC. And then I'm off :) I"m excited and nervous. It's a good combo.
Ik hou van jullie, en success met u leven.

Talk to you all soon :)

Elder Chantry

No comments:

Post a Comment