November 30, 2012

Last MTC Blog Entry!!




Wow, it feels like it's been awhile since I talked. And boy let me tell you. A lot has happened :) I"ll give you the run down:

Thursday (thanksgiving) was soooo awesome. There was stuffing and pumpkin pie and turkey and spuds (true it was MTC style, but who can blame em? there's a chief lard of us;) We did the service project that was fun (although we would've worked longer if they let us) the packages are going to Mali. Country in Africa :). Super cool
What else is super leuk is that Elder Holland came with his wife and some of his children and grandchildren. His wife spoke, his grandkids bore testimony (some of em) one had her mission call. Some of em sang songs and piano and all that. And Elder Holland Spoke last. He told us we were all adopted into his family that day, that's why he brought his family. So we could feel that family experience. It was awesome. When he spoke it was so leuk. I"ve seen some of the recordings of him at the MTC, and boy can he give it to us lol. But when he came it was so great because he was kind and joking and bore powerful testimony of what he was grateful for and said that we should Always we grateful for the gospel in our lives. He said that even he is not usually as grateful as he should be for the chance to have the fullness of the restored gospel. He said that every other age in the history of the world has Never had what we have now. How could we be any more blessed? :) Life truly felt good. Still does.

Later that night we had a super Fun program that they put on for us (they had missionaries do a skit and everything) and then we All got popcorn and they let us watch a show called:
17 Miracles. Have any of you ever seen it? It's so stinkin awesome. I loved it. You all ought to watch it if you get the chance :)

I love and miss you all. I'll admit i missed being with the family for the holidays (now that I think about it its the first time I've ever Not been with the family.....)  I'm not very used to being around hordes of people. And boy are there hordes of people here. Heel Veel mensen. Te veel heheh....

But I'm enjoying it here. Elder King and I got asked to help with the workshop for the new missionaries. You know that fireside that I told you about in the first week where there was a big group of us and we all taught this one investigator? Well, I didn't mention that they would have two Elders come in and start it off then after awhile they would pause the role play, excuse the elders, and let the group take over. Elder King and I got to be those two Elders. Boy, it was a really cool experience. I was super nervous to start out cause they give you microphones and everything and there's all these people watching you 0.0 hehheh. But it was awesome. Hard because they wait until you just start to get a break through with the inverstigator and your just starting to really teach them something, and then bam. they stop you. That's acuatlly really hard. It's hard to explain unless you've been a missionary lol but I'll bet those of you who've gone knows how it feels.............

Anyways. Wow I leave on Monday. Super crazy. I'm drop dead nervous. There’s no question about it. But I'm so looking forward to going :) And I know I'll be taken care of. Thank you all for your prayers letters and love. Het is alltijd appreciated.

With the best of wishes, (hoping that you'll give the same back cause I need em;)
Elder Chantry

No comments:

Post a Comment