November 8, 2012

5th Week, Still at the MTC


To Family Friends and any one else who might care to read,
(Note: My Mail Box # WAS NOT CHANGED. It was a mistake before when I said it was changed to 163. It is actually STILL 158. The address is still exactly THE SAME)

I have now been in the MTC (training center) for over a month. Decemeber 3rd I'll leave and begin teaching in the Netherlands and Belgium  Crazy, cause it feels like I've been here for ever, but I'm gonna be super terrified to leave. Owing to the fact that I don't exactly speak Dutch yet lol. I have learned a lot though. and the purpose of the mtc is not to make people fluent, rather to just make them familiar with what they're gonna have to speak :) so i'm not worried. But I am still nervous though lol.

I teach role play lessons almost every other day or so. I practice Dutch, the gospel, and trying to not get lost in a maze of buildings that all look the same lol. We get pizza on Fridays (which is glorious) and there are poppysead muffins which are better then like you know, anything (but pizza and pumpkin pie).

I'm able to construct sentences in dutch, properly formatted, but not when I'm trying to talk lol. At least not very well. I absolutely love my teachers, they work hard to get what we need to know in to our heads, even when they're pretty dang busy in their own lives (one just proposed to a girl yesterday! lol)

Anyways, ik heb geen meer tijd, maar here is a picture of me and my companion (I might have already sent it but I haven't taken any new ones yet so hehheh sorry. I'll try to do that)

I wish you all the best, and I have to say: this gospel is true, and I know that there is no better thing in this world (and the world to come) that'll bring lasting happiness. My testimony is growing everyday and I am so grateful for the chance to serve. I pray for you all everyday and I wish you all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment