October 20, 2014

This Week


So this is what happened this week:

Tuesday we went to the temple. IT was SO great. Last time going here. (at least for a little while) I was really grateful for it...

We also visited less active families and some former investigators. Trying to find more people that want to meet with us. It should be coming along. 

The weather has been great. Kinda windy and partly cloudy but little rain, and still warm enough to be pleasant. Great fall weather. Leaves all over the ground (You know Rachel it's so addictive to crush them as you walk:)

I got to bear my departing testimony on Tuesday as well. .. It was a strange thing. I went up there with what I would say but I went blank for a bit. heh. There’s so much a mission does. What do you say about it in 4 minutes?

But what it came down to… What was most prominent for me was recognizing the importance of my relationship with God, and others. What we do in life really would make no difference if we didn't believe that there is more than this life. That there is a God, who cares about us and communicates with us. 

Because we believe this we have so much more direction. I have learned that relationships with people are the next most valuable thing you can have. "The worth of every soul is great, in the eyes of God". I firmly believe that. We are designed with the need to be loved, and to love. This makes us complete.

I love this work. Because just like they say, by giving up yourself for a time, you find who you really want to be. So valuable.

Ik hou van Jullie!!

Elder Chantry



No comments:

Post a Comment