December 30, 2013

Feeling the Love of Christ


So Christmas time was active for us. We went with the other two Elders in our ward (who we do a lot with btw) and we went caroling to members, less actives, investigators etc... Was really cool....

I don't have time for all, but I want to share a story of someone we visited Christmas day. It is a good example of what I'm learning about true Christmas spirit. And of just plain Christ's Spirit.... here goes:                     (I copied what I shared to president, cause I like the way I put it)


"This Christmas week went well. In that we were able to go caroling to many different members, less active members, investigators etc. I enjoyed being able to be out and active on Christmas day. I agree with what was said, that it's a time to come closer to Christ.
When we were visiting people we thought of a member who has recently starting coming back to church. We visited her and when she opened the door we just starting singing a Christmas hymn. She loved it, and at the end she started to cry and had to go back in her house a minute before we could come in. She told us that she was home alone for Christmas. That her son who was with her (adult aged) left to spend the day with her daughter, and she couldn't go along because relations were strained, and it would be too much for her daughter. It was really sad to hear. But she was very glad we had come by.

While we were visiting and watching a Christmas video with her Elder W. thought to call the members that we would eat dinner with later that night. He explained her situation and asked if she could come along. The members were very gracious and invited her warmly. When we told her she was invited her face lit up and she was delighted. She expressed her gratitude that night at their house, that she was able to come, and that her lonely Christmas turned out to be a great one.
I am eternally grateful for Christ's ministry. Cause it's not just his teachings of good things. It's His actions of love that we can learn to follow and make such a difference in someone's life.
I saw other similar experiences these last couple weeks, and I am again grateful for this Christmas season, and for the chance to be a part of allowing others to feel the love of Christ.
Cause that, in my opinion, is what Christmas is all about."

I love you all.
Happy New Year. don't get too crazy. (We have a great view of the city, so we'll get some Great firework showage. We have to go in at 4pm and stay in ‘til the next day. They go hardcore with fireworks here on new years)

Fijne Jaar wisseling!!

Elder Chantry

No comments:

Post a Comment