September 3, 2013

Changes and Testimony

Well I thought id start emails today with just plain old me.
I know right, humble as all get out.

But not just me, Elder K.
Elder K. is getting transferred up north east into the Netherlands. I’m gonna miss the dude. He's a cool guy. He doesn't want to leave the people we know here, but he's accepted it. He's ready. He’s going with someone who’s on his 3rd transfer now, so they're gonna learn a lot :)

As for me, I'm staying and training another greenie. And I’m gonna take Elder P.’s place (he's going to the office to be legality elder) as District leader.
                                                                                          
 And ya, quite a change. But I know the Lord'll help me. Cause it's not for me, it's for the district. And the Lord zeker  (certainly) wants to help them. I want to be able to help more, and I’m gonna try my best to live up to the calling.

We had an awesome stake bbq the other day and A. and K. went. They liked it. We had fun.

We also had a zone pday today that rocked the world. We had a Nerf war. Not just that, but we fought zombies. Can you imagine, 20 some missionaries, defending with Nerf weapons, all slowly turning into zombies? :D childish? Yes. Hence me loving it hehee. We have some awesome Zone leaders. They organized a great one.  

We have a baptism Sunday for N. :) so cool. Assuming all goes through, it's gonna be great. We had a great appointment with him the other day. After church yesterday we had a lesson and the branch president sat in. We were teaching the first lesson in the gospel principles book (which, btw, has become one of my favorite books ever. no joke) And we started talking about how we can know our Father better. President H. shared the story of how he was baptized and it was so powerful. And it really invited the Spirit. I asked N. something, and he began to share his story of how he came to know the church was true. As I listened I could almost see things as if I had been there. I could imagine the steps and the struggles he had to gain that knowledge. He said something that meant a lot to me. And I’ve been thinking about it a lot.

He said that he had been looking for a church that he could be a part of. He wanted to know where God wanted him. And he shared how he had met the elders one day and then soon there after read in the Book of Mormom  like the elders had asked, and then he went to bed. But he couldn't sleep. He kept thinking that he needed to pray. They had told him to pray. So he got out and said a normal prayer like usual, saying the same old things, and went to bed. But still, he couldn't sleep. The thought kept running through his mind: ''you read the book, you want to know if it's true, then why don't you ask God, REALLY ask Him, if it's true. Why don't you do what it takes to receive that answer?''  He, said that he got out of bed and prayed again. But for reals this time. Praying Humbly to know if this was what he was looking for. If He had led them to him.

I saw in my mind, at this point, myself. Living the years I have. Always hearing about how if you pray and ask God and all that, you can receive a witness  ==and that that witness can strengthen and help you when it gets hard to see the truth==
But I am ashamed when I think of the times I didn't do what I needed to, to receive an answer. A confirmation.
                
  I want to tell you all: There should be nothing holding you back from doing what N. did. Whether it be about the Book of Mormon, the church, life decisions, guidance, comfort, help, or someone to listen to you. Kids, there is no age limit to when you can receive answers from God. He gives to EVERYONE. Who ask in Faith. That means you believe you’ll receive it. And with Real Intent. That means you really are willing to act on what He tells you. No matter what.

Don't let Satan convince you not to pray. Remember the scripture--'but the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, But teacheth him that he must not pray''. It seems obvious, but I have seen that again and again in my life, as I look back on my few years.

You don't have to struggle through everything in life. God wants to reach out and touch you. But He can't. Not until you cross that last bit of distance between you and Him. I know it's hard. Prophets themselves said that real meaningful prayer, is difficult, hard work. But I can promise you with every ounce of certainty that I have, that it's worth it. You will Never regret it. And it can shape your life in the future, and support you in the Now.

I'll stop.
I love you all so much. I hope you can feel it. Please let me know if I can help any of you in any way.
Thinking of you all,
Elder Chantry
Picture of us after the battle today. yes, I did jump over the top of everyone in this pic. And yes, I did make a shield out of pizza boxes and duct tape. and yes I did use a foam sword whilst all others used guns.
And yes, it did make me awesome, and epic, and have a spectacular time

No comments:

Post a Comment