July 29, 2013

And yes indeed. He does send an email today.

Wow. So much to say: so little time

First; the keyboard here is jacked up!! The letters are in the wrong spot and so I’m like one third speed:::
I feel like I never learned how to type

But I will prevail: no keyboard will conquer me. after all; I arrived in Genk with my greenie (new missionary) at like 8pm. like 7 hours on trains. Get this,
We picked up our greenies at a big old hotel: they had rented the conference room and they had a super legit meeting: did you know the Liahona interviewed the new group and took pics of em outside of the airport. I bet you could find it online: coolest thing is that they’re probably gonna be in the next month ensign so that’ll be worth a good read weet je wel?
Also; on the church website there’s a video about missionary work and there’s people on it that I met, ate dinner with, served in our mission, live here in the Netherlands, and are missionaries here from the Netherlands. Take a gander. It’s legit

So we picked em up (i know, no pics of me or Elder K. on the blog together. lame)
But we headed out. If I went into all the complications of getting here I’d be here all night. Suffice it to say, I tied a plastic sack to my broken suit case stubs, Elder K. used his belt to hook my small suitcase to the big one, we got all the way down to Antwerpen, then my wheels started to break on my other suitcase, but it worked enough to get all the way to the city next to Genk. We had missed the train; and would have to wait an hour. So we called a member. He was awesome and picked us up btw, vlaams is like the same language, but boy let me tell you, the accent is so different, and they say a few things different, and it is HARD work to understand lol)
We got in his car. But he couldn’t fit my bike. no prob (except it was cause it would come back to bite me later)

We get there, thank the heck out of him, laugh a lot, eat some stuff, sleep, and the work has begun...

A few random, cool things, we have two legit Africans on date to be baptized from the sisters. And a guy that is moving here from Brussels and is going to be baptized asap! He is already taught everything and is ready; we meet him tomorrow.

We have another GREAT appartment (rewards of moving into a sister appartment heheh) the branch here is super small, (like 20 people small) but are really helpful in the work and have faith to grow :) its already happening

Oh man. Elder K. is great. We’re having so much fun. He’s from Casper Wyoming and is about as uneuropian as you can get lol: gun toting? conservative who speaks his mind and is funny as heck. He wrestled like a pro and is gonna go into div. 1 wrestling when he gets back. He’s shorter then me and has pretty good Dutch. Though this vlaams accent is makin it tough for him.

Sad thing; my bike got jacked!!
We came back like a day and a half later and it was just plumb swiped. I had chained it up in the bike area but to no avail. Someone wanted it more than me I guess......
Good thing our area is so huge that we mostly use bus anyways heheh (I wept a little though, cause that was my old reliable)

Gotta run! Love you all: 

tot zo!
Elder chantry

No comments:

Post a Comment