January 7, 2013

Another Week in Almere


Hello :)
This last week has been full of goodness :). The fireworks they have are incredible! The whole city lights em off at 12am and it's impossible to sleep. And there's still firework remains all over the streets and hidden away everywhere. It was super cool to watch :).

This Sunday I got the privilege of going on splits with a member of the ward (19 yr old guy named Kevin). We were together about 5 hours and i was like in charge of getting to apptmnts and finding people’s houses and contacted people op straat. (on the street) and knocking doors. Boy, did I feel utterly small. lol funny thing was though, after we got started, things got way easier. I wasn't that scared to talk to people randomly (prbly cause I didn't understand em if they were cussing me out) and we taught an awesome lesson on the Book of Mormon to two new investigators who want us to come back and teach em more :D.....
              It was hard. Specially cause Kevin really only wanted to speak Dutch so that's all I spoke the whole day. I was tired lol. and in church I had to translate for the English speakers (like Don did for us that week) but I did terrible lol. There were many periods of silence and then I would start talking again but it would have nothing to do with what they were saying before lol. Many times i was pretty sure that they weren't saying what I was saying but I had to say something heheheh.................but really :) it was a good experience. and I bet with a few more months I’ll be able to double my measly skills heheh.......

             Ivan, an investigator, is really close to baptism. His family in Uganda should be started with the lessons from the elders down there :)......The work is going great........that's all I have time for now. But I wish you all the best.

Tot snel!
Elder Chantry



No comments:

Post a Comment