December 24, 2012

Week 3 -- Christmas 2012


Christmas is tomorrow and I’m exceptionally excited. I have this awesome little pile of my gifts and stocking and lekker food I’m planning on eating and opening right underneath our Christmas tree (made from yarn and other assorted randoms lol). We have appointments for dinner for like, almost all week heh. The members are super nice to us. They gave us each a Big box of food and treats at a Christmas concert at the church the other night. :)
   
Here they have two Christmas days, the 25th and the 26th :) the first is like time for families and stuff, and the second is when you go out and visit
friends and all that. I like it :) apparently they do it with other holidays too. Easter, etc. I'm all for it. Heck, if one is good, two is better :D

I got to go on exchanges the other day. I went to Den Haag, with one of the zone leaders. It was a great experience. I definitely learned alot.
We Get to do a service project tomorrow were we work at a retirement home :) gonna sing and stuff. Super cool.

Boy, i wish i could explain all the things that go on here. It's definitely something you have to do to under stand. But the best thing is, i know the Lord is in it.
The other night, my comp. was making a call, and we were standing on a bridge over a canal, with our bikes next to us, and i looked across the canal,
with the lights reflected off the water, (cause its dark here from like, 6pm-9am) and it really just hit me, wow. I'm on a mission. I"m in the Netherlands.
I'm speaking to people in another language and bluffing through my lack of comprehension pretty dang good lol. It's a great thing :) it's not easy, but it's
so worth it. Seeing the people's lives that we're working with, change and improve. Man. it makes it all worth it. That relationship with Christ is worth
more then anything.

There's a quote in our apartment that i like. it says: ''A missionary is someone who gives up his family for two years so others can be with theirs for eternity."
 that's the main goal of all we do :) when you think about it that way, it can put things in perspective dang fast

Sincerely,
Elder Chantry

No comments:

Post a Comment