January 21, 2013

Another Post from Almere


Thought i'd tell a little about the people we're teaching. Magnolia, she was baptized, a little while back. along with her son William It's really rough, cause her older son, was living in the US and was killed. So Magnolia is at the funeral in South America. It really is a test of faith, and we've been praying for her a lot.

Ivan, from Uganda, he's really close to being baptized. But he needs to have a firm testimony of priesthood authority. We know he really likes the church but we're not certain on his testimony that it’s the only true church...he's been having heart and liver problems too. So we're praying for him too. And his family that lives in Uganda...these people have hard lives a lot of times. I hope they will recognize fully where they can receive comfort.

It's been snowing here. They don't get as much as we do, but ohhh boy. The wind is arctic evil stuff. It makes it Super cold. Specially on the bike.....
I've been able to understand more Dutch! I can kind of make phone calls without a lot of problems. And I’m starting to understand stories in Dutch !
Het is echt leuk. Ik vind het grapig dat ik kan alles zegga en jullie zullen niet wat het betekent weten. (I don't think that was perfect but ah well lol)

There’s something that I have learned recently. We had to drop our French speaking investigators. They just aren't serious. And things kind of slowed down this last week. But something I learned. Or rather, reaffirmed, the other day. Is that if we pray to God, for help and comfort, he will give it. But a lot of that help will come when we make the steps after our prayer to get up. Make a plan, and continue to report back to him what we are doing, to receive this help, or improvement that we want. It's hard. Cause sometimes, all you want to do is curl up, and not have to think. Not have to work, and to feel so much.... you just want Him to take away the problems. But...what can we learn from that, you know? It really is a two way thing.....

I love you all. I thank you so much for your prayers, and all that you do. I of course, can't write longer but I wanted to thank you for everything. And I hope that you guys stay warm :)

In all honesty and echte leuk-ness,
Elder Chantry

(This is Elder Chantry's mom--the sentence he included in Dutch means....It's really fun. I find it funny that I can say anything you will not know what it means.) Nice huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment