October 25, 2012

3rd WEEKLY MTC POST



So, it's insanely cool that Rachel's going to Russia :) I've been telling people all about it. That kinda thing is exciting here lol....
They said that the average amount of mission aplications since conference has been around 3,400 each week. They said that's about 471% increase from the weekly average before 8D....awesome stuff.

Our sacrament meetings aren't in Dutch cause we have a mixed zone. A lot of our old zone left this Monday though. Actually, most of em. The only ones we have now is our Dutch group, a few of the old Dutch group who have to wait for their visas cause they're going to Suriname, and a group of English Elders who are going to Denver North.
But just this week we got one Danish Elder (he's all by himself. He got assigned to our districts and Staley and Liang bring him from place to place) and 8 more English elders.
And I have to tell you all something, this last week, me and Elder King (that's right, weep over my grammar;) got called to be the Zone leaders. So now we're in charge of making assignments for sacrament and also doing orientations on Wed and Thursday for the new Elders. We're doing a meeting and a tour tonight. Heh, good thing I know where I'm going most the time now lol.

So that's new. We're able to go to the temple each week too, and that's nice. Yesterday, we had a role-play where our teacher (Brother Norton) taught me as the investigator with Elder Muse, and he taught about the plan of salvation. It was an amazing experience. It was a full role-play, about thirty minutes, and I could feel that spirit of the message as he taught.
I was able to catch a glimpse of what it was like to be taught the gospel, and be told about the hope that it brings. I was reminded too of my testimony of this church. The Gospel's true. I know it, and that's why I'm here, cause I want others to know it. And that's what God wants too :) Ik hou van jullie and wish you the best.

From the MTC, (where time really doesn't exist) (and it snowed today:) (and the cafeteria is determined to double your size),
Elder Chantry :)


No comments:

Post a Comment