October 11, 2012

First P-Day Blog


So here's some stuff that happened:
I was in class first after I checked in. The teacher started to talk to me and I was like: ..................0.0................... it was hilarious if you were watching I"m sure. lol and he was saying the simple nederalnds phrases too hehheh.....
There's a group that's been in here for weeks and they're learning dutch too. One of 'em preteneded like he was from the Netherlands and we all totally believed it. We were all scared to talk to him and everything lol. E. Eastmond, and he's a great guy :)
What's cool is like half the people learning dutch are going to Suriname in the West Indies. South America. You can look it up :) they get to run from anacondas and head hunters hehheh.............

Boy, it's insane here. but cool too. Elder Bednar spoke to us this Tuesday and he outlined his study plan when he studies the teachings of general conference. I don't have time for the whole thing but mainly it was too look for:
  • doctrines
  • invitations
  • promised blessings

Cool stuff :) he quoted a scripture in regards to the age change in missionary work. He said that "the Lord is in charge of His work and He can hasten it in His own time" or something to that effect. Awesome huh? You know the stay time at the mtc is being shortened too? it's from 9 weeks to like 6 for foreign missionaries. Not for us though :) we get the extra time. Our estimated leave time is December 3rd. There's soo much more I wish I could say! Like how awesome and terrible the investigator lessons are. And how I always turn the wrong direction and Elder King (my companion) has to drag me back the right way lol. Or how, well, there's tons of things.
BUt I miss you all and wish I could write each of you! I will whenever I get a chance. I'm still pretty slow at stuff so I'll get better soon (hopefully).

I'll send some pics as soon as I can make it work. It's kind of a pain....

I love and miss jullie! (thats dutch, not a person).... take care, continue to be awesome and I'll write more when I can...
Elder Chantry!!

(P.S. This is Carsten's mom...I looked it up "jullie" means you in Nederlands "Dutch")

No comments:

Post a Comment