September 15, 2014

Alkmaar, I love you

Sunday I got the news I’m moving to the Gouda ward. I'll be with E. Johnson, and we'll both be training a new elder. That'll be great.

I’m leaving the Alkmaar branch after 4 transfers. I must say, it's been an amazing place. I have met people here that have changed my life. Very much for the better. I can't ever explain it, in just a few paragraphs... But it's so true..

This last week we were busy. Elder Ballard came with Elder Dijks, and Hallstrom. They were great. Learned some good things.
We had many lessons, and there are some great people the next Elders will be working with.

We had the chance to tour some Molens. It's been beautiful weather lately. We went to a lake for pday today.

I threw on a few pics of the wind molens. and stuff.

These last few transfers have got me thinking...
It's funny how relationships work. If you try to construct a friendship or bond manually, it never really works. You can get the beginnings, and it can go good. But it doesn't really have full substance.
Not until it comes naturally. I feel like the best relationships, come just as a result of you trying to be a friend. If you’re open, and you give it a chance, the rest just comes. It is actually kind of magical (I know, sounds kind of cliché, but it's true). 
You don't notice When it happened really. Or sometimes even how. But its one of the greatest gifts you can receive. When you realize, that you have a friend. Someone who cares about you. And that you care about in return. Some one you can trust.
            I’m sure all of us have experienced this at some point. We don't normally think about it that much, because, well, it’s just natural. But when something happens to your friend, or when you have to leave them, that's when you fully can appreciate what you have.

I have been so blessed. 

Sincerely,
Elder Chantry





No comments:

Post a Comment