November 18, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well I have not so much time this week, but I’ll talk about a few things,

We had stake conference this week. And it was so cool cause I got to see a lot of members I knew from Breda. Also R., who was baptized when I was there :D. And her boyfriend I., was ordained to the Melchizedek priesterschap, and I got to stand in on that. Such an honor. .

Also, remember Y.? He was the Chinese student that we taught when I was in Breda. Well he was baptized! And at the conference. Got to talk to him. So awesome..

What else? Did several exchanges this week. Stayed busy, it went good. We had a turkey bowl today, and ate soup and stuff after :) real fun...

Can you believe this coming week is the last of the transfer? So next I’ll know if i go or stay. I swear, transfers are every two seconds.

We get to have a Thanksgiving dinner this Thursday with some members :) 

Something that struck me in stake conference. We had Elder Adler from the seventy come, he's German, and he had some great stuff to say.
One thing, he talked how before this life, we were with God. And we were prepared to come down here. And he said that God talked to each of us, before we left and told us it wouldn’t be easy, that we would have trials, but that He wanted us to return to HIm. And if we held fast to the commandments, then we could. 

It struck me, that we all were, indeed, prepared before we came. The challenge is to remember that, here on earth. We all had faith in our savior, Christ. But we just forgot. And perhaps, we were scared, before we came, that by forgetting, we would never remember that again. But Our Father knelt down next to us before we left, and He promised us, the Holy Ghost. He is the key to remembering, that faith, we already had. 
Work with HIm guys :) He will never lead you astray. 
It's hard work, but hey, we wouldn't learn much if it was easy.

I love each of you, 
Have a great Thanksgiving, this week or next (whenever it is)
Elder  Chantry!

No comments:

Post a Comment