November 11, 2013

A Fine Honorable Week. Yes Indeed.

I say. The world is good.

True, the world is not perfect. And many parts of it aren't good. But if you look at it thinking about how Christ made it for us to live on and have joy, then the world is quite good :)

In district meeting, we talked about how real faith is necessary in order to avoid being held back. And I talked about Mel’s story :) how a lot of times what holds us back is not God, but really just our lack of faith. 

I mean, we're all given things we have to accomplish in life. Often times we do the right thing and we pray for God's help. Funny thing is though, we often don't really think anything will happen. Especially when we think it's too small or unimportant a thing for God's care.

For example, when I was in Breda, transfers ago, we wanted to look up a referral, and we couldn't find her address that was on a piece of paper. Now we were just gonna say bummer and leave, but I got to thinking. We just taught an investigator the other day how when we pray with faith, believing we'll receive, we will. So why could we not do the same, right then, for a piece of paper? After all, we have the most important message in the world to share, and she needed it. So I suggested we pray to find it. Elder S. and I did. And guess what? We found it.
Sure, we can say it's coincidence, or that we would've found it either way, but come on. How much more obvious can God make it?

We taught the plan of salvation (of het heils plan. in het Nederlands) And, it went great. Elder Pugh led it, and it was so good. He had on this piano music in the background that played different hymns and stuff. I'll tell you what, if you play pretty piano music in the background, it soo can invite the spirit. I recommend it.

I'm gonna, run. As in, do something else.
  
Love you all!
Elder Chantry

In Brussels


No comments:

Post a Comment