June 18, 2013

The MAN in Zaandam (although often a lost man)

AND most often humiliated.

I swear I’ve been more embarrassed in one day than like my whole life combined (or,,,,almost)

Let me explain,

We arrived in Zaandam with our luggage. I already had to leave my bike chained up at the last stop cause it we couldn't move all the stuff (lucky e. king didn't have a bike)
We knew the appartment was close but no clue where. We both have two giant sucker suitcases and a smaller one. Six bad boys in all....
E. King has his small one on top of his big one and it falls off every 30 steps or so. I have my small one strapped to my big one and it comes unclipped every big bump or so.
It’s disastrous. AND, we're in white shirts slacks and ties (whose dumb idea is that anyways??)

We finally get our junk in the elevator to get off the station (cause it's built up above the tracks. the only way to cross the tracks is to go up the elevator, through, and back down an elevator)

BUT, we get to the other side. We think maybe our appartment is one of the buildings across the street. So we cross the street, halfway through (a very BUSY) street, e. kings bag falls off. DANG IT! I think. So I run to the other side, but there's a curb, I think I’m macho and can jump the curb with the bags. Well maybe I could, but the suitcase not. As I hit it I Shatter the handle, cut my hand, and now they're half on the side walk and half off. Lucky Elder King got off the street (he was at the part where the sidewalk was lower), so he ran back got his suitcase and we were back to the relative safety of the sidewalk.

As my hand bled just to add insult to injury.

As I bandage up a little we are looking at the map and street signs, and after asking a few people, we discover that Elder Kings guess as to the side of the station was wrong. WE actually need to be on the OTHER side of the station. So that means back up the elevators, through, back down and then to the appt.
And so we stood there, all the while my hand bleeding.

lol, I have to go cause I’m about to be logged out. But I’ll finish next week and add some cool stories with it.

The work is great. We’re contacting like fiends and I love it
Elder Chantry

No comments:

Post a Comment