April 1, 2013

Another Good Week (with photos)


Time flies. I've decided I’ve reached the point in my mission where I don't want any more time to pass. I've been out long enough to not be a greenie and short enough to where I still have time to learn the stuff I need. I really love the work :).
Mel and Rach are in for an awesome time. The work of God is going forth and there isn’t a thing that will stop it.

And I’m working on bringing it forward in Dutch. heh. 
Something our president wants us to do is memorize the first lesson in Dutch. Not cause he wants us to teach it as a speel, but cause he wants it in our heads so we teach doctrine and not goo goo clusters en dat zort ding. So I’m working on it. It’s kinda slow, but I’m motivated. Cause I want to learn the language. 
See in this mission it's quite common for missionaries to go home after 2 years and still not have That good of Dutch. 
Reason? 
In South America, everything is Spanish. Your always speaking, hearing etc (elder Sosa told me lol. he served in Chile for a little while).... But here, a lot is English. The president almost always does things in English, (he knows Dutch, just doesn't use it really with us)........

And then the other problem is the people in this country all know English! lol. And quite a few of them just speak English with you. Members do anyways. I still get plenty chance to use Dutch, and lots of people have actually told me that my Dutch is really quite good for 4 months in the country. ............

But I’ve been thinking. I was called to speak Dutch. And even though they don't speak it like anywhere in the world (except like 3 or 4 places) I wanna know the language :) heheh......I mean, why not? My biggest goal right now is to become a good teacher. And unless I’m fluent in the language, I won't be a very good teacher. It’s pretty straight forward. The spirit can work through barriers, but why not take down the barriers if I can? Makes things so much better........

So even though it ain't quite pretty, and even though this language is pretty dang tough (in my opinion;) I'll get it.

I know, kind of went on and on, but you know, too bad :) you get it all anyways

I hope you all had a good Easter. yes? no? yes :)
I did too. 
We’re gonna watch Saturday conference with an investigator who has a baptism date, and her boyfriend who is a member :) so good week ahead of us. I hope the same for you guys

Love, (and all that sappy stuff)
Elder Sosa and Elder Chantry
Elder Chantry
Soccer in Almere

No comments:

Post a Comment