March 4, 2013

A Good Week in Almere


Well well well
I would say that I’ve become fluent in Dutch. But, that might not be entirely true. Especially since i apparently told a member on the phone that we would call them if we wanted a ride to our appointment with him. But in my head i had said, yes, indeed we want a ride. so ya. that made an interesting evening.
       cool thing is though, I’ve gotten really good at the "oh I’m super sorry, it's my fault, I didn't hear you right" shpeel. :)
                   Turned out alright in the end lol
  
You know what's annoying? I never really know what temp it is cause everything is measured in Celsius. No stinkin clue.  I only know at 0 degrees. cause that's freezing lol so it's 32 Fahrenheit.

So I did actually, get the last referral. I had to call elder Pimentel though lol.............I've been doing this thing where elder Larson asks me: "do you know who the Reekers are?" and I say,"ya, I’ve heard that name"   "who are they?"  ........."well, that's an excellent question" lol            
It has gotten better, but there's just a lot of people and places and names and stuff. lots. te veel.
Good thing is though, my comp is super cool about it. We've had a lot of good laughs together. :) His bike just recently broke down. hehe and he only has like nine more weeks on his mission. So he was kinda cursing his luck lol i just told him it's part of enduring to the end hehheh
  
So on Saturday’s some members in the ward play volleybal. Cause the church is gonna have this competition dealio. so we've been invited cause there's less actives and nonmembers who come and play too. Well, truth of the matter is, I don't actually know the rules to volleyball. lol and the first week I did it (a littile while back) I like kept doing it wrong and they were like yelling things in dutch and I was just thinking, 'I really think it'd be a good thing if i new what they were saying' lol. I kinda learned somma the rules, but I still mess up. And these people are pretty competitive! It reminds me why i never liked organized sports! lol i keep saying, "sorry, my fault" in dutch heheh

Good week though. We got to do service, and help put grout in between tiles and also dig up two plum trees (heh dad would've been proud. all we had was one little shovel that wasn't even very pointy. these people here really don't do anything big. Then we drove the trees in the back of a prius, sticking out the trunk into the open. While I sat on the back seat holding the roots so they didn't hit the roof hehe. The open door sensor beeped the whole way to the new place we were planting em.......i mostly claimed the shovel cause I wanted to stay warm and I looked too much like a government worker if I stood and watched my comp do it lol...........)
  
With love (met liefde)
ELDER Chantry!

No comments:

Post a Comment