March 19, 2013

Last Post From Almere


Well.........that\s it.
Just got the call, they're kicking me out of almere.
Bullies.

I'm going to go serve in Breda. In the south of the Netherlands, with Elder Sosa, who is from Chile. heh. I'm pretty sure that none of you guys at home can pronounce any of these city names right. I know I sure as heck couldn't before I left. lol I chuckle to myself thinking of you guys arguing how it should be said. :D (not to be all proud of myself or anything;)

It's really pretty sad I’m leaving. Cause this week is planned to be ÄMazing. Last week we got back in contact with Iris. And guess what? We talked to her and she wants to be baptized. And she has a date :D   yep. So amazing. She had just been busy for a while and then her phone wasn't working. So I decided we would just go by her house and try to talk to her, cause I didn't want to lose her (ya dad you'd be proud;) we found her at home, and set up a return appointment. that was when we set the Doop datum (that's how you say baptism date, in Dutch)
           It's really awesome. She came to church too. And so did Danel, another investigator (a former) and I sat with her and E. Larson sat with Danel. It was sooo a blessing to have them come. Cause stuff came up for both of em but they both decided to come anyways :). The ward was really excited to see em, and they both liked it.
                                The Lord was really nice, cause that was my last Sunday here. and even though I won't get to teach em, they're gonna be taught. :) And I’ll keep praying for them. And the whole area. It’s a great place.

 It's all good. I want to share my testimony with you guys, I know this work is true. I've said before one of the hardest things in life is perspective. Remember to keep that perspective. It’s really easy to get distracted with all the worldly stuff. Not so much that it's all down right evil, but that it takes up all your time. (I see it every day, in the trains and busses, people always staring at the phone)

My mission has helped so much with that already. I was one of the most people most guilty of that alive. I've improved in a lot of ways actually. I know, hard to belive heheh. But the Lord helps. You just have to take the first step you know? If you want the Lord to help with something, pray, then start setting goals, start working for it, follow up with Him each night, and he can work wonders. I've already seen it. I love you guys. I miss you a lot. ánd i pray for you :)

keep living happy :)
k?
toch?
k :)
Elder Chantry

PS
The temple is in Zoetermeer. Just next to Den Haag. (hehe none of you could say either of those;)
And the church here is getting ready to grow, things have been kinda small here in the Netherlands, but that's gonna change :) I’ll talk some more about things here next week..........

No comments:

Post a Comment