February 13, 2013

Another Week in Almere-Stad


Hey everyone,
Truth of the matter is,  you all will never know how good my Dutch is. It’s kinda funny and sad at the same time. heh... I understand more more (and still a chief lard I don’t) but that's ok |:) cause I still have a long time.........

So i hear next week if E. Pimentel stays (everyone thinks he's gonna leave, but i warned him that weird stuff happens around me :) heh so you never know...
  
There's a whole ton a snow here. Again. The weather was gonna make up it's mind, then it was like ehhh naa. I’ll be a random slan instead.
Iris got busy this week and won’t be able to meet for a little while :/ we'll keep praying for her.

I've learned a few things about Dutch people. They won't trust you right at first, but when they do, they like to talk, and for you to show interest in them by asking questions. They don't like you to tell them they HAVE to do something. And a lot of times you can't just go in preaching gospel right off the bat. You gotta work with them, show them you love them, and that you care. When that is built up then the time may come that you can invite them back.
It's tough to know a lot of times, but I have learned to Listen a lot. heh, I’m not such a huge long talker like I was. Speaking in  another language, and being in another culture really can quite mess you up lol...But I’m working now to better speak when it's needed, and apply things to them....

Thank you all so much for your letters :) it means a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment