February 25, 2014

We Cannot Come Down

 I don’t have much time, my schedule was changed a bit. Elder Pr. and I are doing great. He’s from Sandy Utah, has two transfers left, and is full of energy. We're working hard to find some more investigators....

I wanted to talk about something that has been on my mind. 

We all know that through the atonement of Christ we can be forgiven of sins and return to the path that we lost track of.

Each one of us has a perfect potential. But when we waste our energies and time on things that are not of God, then we stop climbing towards that potential. 
We can always repent, this is true. But prevention is always better than the cure. There's a saying (no clue who it's from) that smart is the man that learns from his mistakes. But Wise is the man who learns from others mistakes. Without having to mess up his life in the process. 

I don't say this to make one depressed if they have messed up in the past. WE all do. I certainly have. But I feel that often times we focus more on how often we'll be able to repent and change, instead of where we could be if we consecrated ourselves more fully, and stayed even more straight on the path.

While it is true that we can be forgiven for a misdeed, and we can continue on. We cannot have back something we missed, an opportunity, because we were off the path. That thing is already gone. And it may hurt to think about that chance that we lost, but perhaps it may remind us that there is no time to waste. 

We have a great potential. All of us. I have met so many amazing people, who can do wonderful things, and they're all very different and unique. No one is forever lost, as long as we keep trying. 

I want you all to know, I love you, and respect you. And I hope that you can remember that you're doing a great work, and cannot come down. We have a high potential to build towards, and now is the time to do it.

Met alle liefde,
Elder Chantry

No comments:

Post a Comment